TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Sketch date is to be scheduled by the sales representative.
- The last day for any changes of the cake details (size, flavors, style/colors/design, etc.) and any additional order is 1 month or 30 days before the event/delivery date.
- All cake orders are made entirely by hand, thus, Hearts and Bells does not guarantee 100% image and/or color likeness. Accordingly, Hearts and Bells neither represents nor warrants that it can copy or recreate a design, image or likeness as may desired by the client.
- Mock up of the cake’s design as per client’s request will be charged at cost. Hearts and Bells will only make a sample of the top most layer or miniature version of the cake.
- If fresh flowers are provided by an outside source, we will arrange the flowers for free, however, you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt and/or other contaminants. In such cases, Hearts and Bells will not be held liable for any food poisoning or ailment caused directly or indirectly by said flowers.
- Our products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You then agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- Some of the cakes’ design and/or accessories may be supported by wires, Styrofoam, and other non-edible materials. Hearts and Bells will not be held liable for any incidents that may occur due to these non-edible materials.
- On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Pull out wishes are only available upon client’s request; If so, the client should inform Hearts and Bells at least 2 weeks before the event/delivery date.
- For minicakes and cupcakes, Hearts and Bells will provide complementary simple thank-you-tags. It will be black text printed in white card paper. For example:
- It is the client’s obligation to provide their best contact details. If in case Hearts and Bells cannot reach the client to their given number(s), Hearts and Bells reserves the right to choose the best design that fits the concept/theme of the event.
- The client needs to taste our cakes in our office before finalizing the contract. If the client is not free to do the cake tasting, this waives Hearts and Bells to any obligation should the client finds the cake unsatisfactory during the day of event. Clients must call at least 2 days ahead to schedule the cake tasting.
- We use standard boxes for the cakes upon delivery or pick up; if the client wishes for a special kind of box, this will incur an additional charge. The clients must then advice Hearts and Bells at least a week in advance for such kind of request.
- Should there be any disagreement between Hearts and Bells and the client during the planning/preparation/design stage, and that said disagreements cannot be resolved by both parties, Hearts and Bells shall have the right and prerogative to decline the engagement and refuse the client. In such case, Hearts and Bells will return part of the down payment after deducting costs already incurred.
- Complaints regarding the cake must be in writing and delivered to Hearts and Bells’ office, or sent to their email address. No refund, whether full or partial based on the discretion of Hearts and Bells, will be allowed after the cake has been delivered or placed in the possession of the client. Returning the cake will not entitle client to a refund. However, in cases where refund is proper and allowed by management, the amount to be refunded will be computed by Hearts and Bells after deducting costs already incurred. In applying for a refund, client must show evidence that the defect or failure is due to Hearts and Bells and there is no shortcoming from client’s part. Hearts and Bells reserves the right to refuse the client and keep payment if evidence is not sufficient.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon the ability of Hearts and Bells to complete the agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, acts of God and other causes beyond our control. In the unlikely event that this would happen, a full refund shall be issued.
- A 50% cash or dated check down payment is required upon signing the contract. This initial deposit reserves your event date and is non-refundable.
- Full payment must be settled 14 business days prior to the event/delivery date or contract is null and void.
- Payment should be made at the main office at the above address or through Hearts and Bells Bank Account:
DEPOSIT SLIPS must be sent to Hearts and Bells through fax (2563078) or through email (email@example.com), for auditing and documentation purposes. This will serve as proof of payment to start production of cake order.
- If payment of final balance has not been received by the payment deadline, Hearts and Bells reserves the right to terminate the agreement. In that event, we will have no further obligation hereunder and any deposits made to date will not be refunded.
- Hearts and Bells staff/representative may give a reminder on the settling of balance once the event is near as an extended help. Making the final payment on time is the responsibility of the client.
EQUIPMENT RENTAL DETAILS
- If your cake requires equipment such as columns or cake stand, a security deposit must be left with Hearts and Bells at the time of final payment in order to ensure safe return of the equipment.
- The security deposit is fully refundable upon surrender of the equipment on its original condition.
- Equipment must be returned by the client to Hearts and Bells Head Office no later than 3 business days past the event date.
- If the equipment is not returned on time, there is a corresponding penalty of Php200 per day.
- The security deposit is forfeited if equipment is not returned 14 business days after the event date.
- If it is not possible for the client to return the item(s), we will make arrangements to retrieve the item(s) for a fee.
- If item(s) or equipment needs to be replaced due to damage or non-return, your security deposit will be billed for the difference of any replacement.
DELIVERY AND SET UP AGREEMENT
- All cakes will be delivered at least an hour before the start of the reception.
- Deliveries in certain areas of Manila with more than Php4000 total cake price will be free of charge.
- Deliveries to other places or nearby cities have their corresponding fees. You may consult our sales officer for the list.
- Hearts and Bells’ delivery crew will help set up the cake to the venue, however, you are responsible providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal temperature of 23 degree Celsius or below.
- Hearts and Bells will not be responsible for any damage to the cake after set up is complete.
- If you or your representative chooses to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves Hearts and Bells’ possession.
- In case of cancellation, Hearts and Bells requires a written cancellation statement under the name of the client who signed the contract.
- Cancelling your cake order will be allowed at least 30 days prior to the event date and only for the items that are not yet in production. Hearts and Bells reserves the rights to retain down payments to cover costs incurred, and charge a cancellation fee. The balance of the down payment after deducting the cost will be converted to Hearts and Bells items.
- If order is cancelled within 30 days before the event date, payment or deposits will not be refunded nor converted to any Hearts and Bells items.